Monday, June 21, 2010

What shampoos and cosmetics do you vegans use?

I just started being vegan and need help finding vegan cosmetics I can find in drug store.What shampoos and cosmetics do you vegans use?
I use Vo5 shampoo and conditioner. Sanex body wash. Tesco moisturiser, I know it sounds so cheap, but it works as well as Vaseline moisturiser. I use Boots, Body Shop and some other brand that I can't remember the name of now.What shampoos and cosmetics do you vegans use?
Well, I do most of my shopping online at Vegan Essentials. If you have a Whole Foods store you might be able to find some products there. I know they sell Desert Essence Organics shampoo and conditioner there, which is a good brand.





Other than those options I'd suggest Lush cosmetics, Suncoat, Urban Decay, etc... You can buy the latter at Sephora. Lush has a lot of fresh handmade vegan shampoos and such. Suncoat has the best mascara that I've been able to find. Urban Decay has a lot of cool make up.
i used tresemme, shampoo and conditioner.


for face wash, and lotion i use victoria secret pink body.


for hair mousse and spray i use white rain. im going to be switch in VO5 soon though.


makeup i use the brand aveda.


toothpaste and deoderant i use toms of maine.


i use alba for sunscreen.


another really good brand is kiss my face.





target has a pretty good natural cosmetic section.





just google vegan brands
Kiss My Face or Live Clean shampoo and conditioner (both vegan, and organic)


The Body Shop doesn't test but most of their products are not vegan so you need to read the labels, they're also owned by L'Oreal so some vegans refuse to shop there.
boots isnt vegan + is also animal tested.


try some shampoo from lush.


they have wonderful fruity choices.


barry m, gosh + superdrug have a lot of vegan stuff too.


i think it's the same with revlon too?
I use Giovanni shampoo, Alba conditioner, Beauty Without Cruelty make-up remover, Earth Science facial scrub, Mineral Fusion powder, Zuzu mascara, Gabriel blush, and Zia Lipstick.


All sold at Whole Foods Market.
You can visit http://search.caringconsumer.com/search_鈥?/a> and they list the companies that are vegan. Hope that helps!
I use Nature's Gate body wash. I believe they have shampoos and conditioners as well. Try Aveda. I use Origins for skin care and some make up, and I also really like Urban Decay.
Its not drug store, but Pureology. Its a salon brand, and costs 30$ for 250ml. But you use it less then cheap drug store brands
I like BWC (Beauty without Cruelty) Also Alba. And Yes to Carrots.
they make one from human placental extract that should do it . unless you think thats canabalistic
  • hair ideas
  • 1 comment:

    1. I have a list I keep of cosmetics (including shampoos) that have not been tested on animals - and within that list I have noted which ones are vegan. There are hundreds. It's at:
      http://www.MyMakeupMirror.com/MakeupWithoutCruelty.php

      ReplyDelete

     
    skin moles