Monday, June 21, 2010

Do you have a hard time deciding on which cosmetics to use?

Tanners or moisturizers, wrinkle creams or repair creams, sunscreens or eye creams, daytime creams or night creams, foot and hand creams, celluit creams...





Seems like the cosmetic world wants us to spend all our time on creaming ourselves for nothing. Sometimes, I find myself drawn into the cosmetic world by attractive commercials like ';Use this cream for your elbows'; ';Use this one for your eyes'; ';Use this on your celluits'; ';This cream is perfect for aging'; ';This body cream will make your skin super smooth'; But then I realize I can't do that for life! Man, it's a lot of time and money. So, now I only use a moisturizer with spf on my face and tanner on my legs and arms in summers.





I wonder what other women use and how they feel about cosmetics.Do you have a hard time deciding on which cosmetics to use?
I feel the same way you do; I mean if a cream is good for your feet, it should be good for the rest of your skin, right?





I did a bit of research a few years ago, and I ended up buying pure shea butter. I have used it religiously and exclusively (no other creams) for 4 years. My skin looks great. I have no dry patches, my face never breaks out and I can even use it for a hair gel. 1lb. of shea butter gets me through 9 months and it only cost $10 (or about) per pound. That's a big savings when you consider the cost of skin creams and hair gels.





Do a google search on shea butter and see what I am talking about.Do you have a hard time deciding on which cosmetics to use?
Nope! I just wear my ';Usual'; earth colors!! Earthy foundation, earthy colored eyeshadow, and earthy colored lipsticks....... Mascara, and eye-liner...... Only because, I found out many years ago, that guys dont like women with alot of ';Color'; on their face!! My very first boyfriend, who could have had any woman, he was so freakin' fine!! Told me, one time when we were getting ready to go out, why do you wear that blue stuff on your eyes.... And said it so loud my Mom heard him!! I was so imbarrassed, and he then asked me, to wear more earthy colors..... And I have ever since... And I have heard, many men, afterwards make comments about women and how they look like ';Ladies of the night'; with such make-up, on.... Even my boys, are like, really protective of their little sister wearing make-up, at all.... My oldest son, doesn't even like his girlfriend wear make-up!!! I asked him why? And he said, because, ';I dont want her to look like a whore, wearing all that crap!!! We argued about that one!!! Because, I think a certain amount of make-up, makes us women feel pretty, for our man, you know...... As far as creams go..... I just use good old fashioned Jergens!! And Avon's vanilla lotion, for a Perfume smell, before I go to school !!
I don't use cosmetics I don't like the feeling of having creams and make up on. But I am sure it is difficult for women who do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles