Monday, June 21, 2010

How do I become a cosmetics buyer?

I am a licensed Esthetician with 10 years of retail management experience. What do I need to become a cosmetics buyer? Do I need a 4 year degree, and if so, in what? Business? Merchandising? Help, I'm clueless.





Thanks!How do I become a cosmetics buyer?
You need a 4 year degree and a masters degree in business would really help while you climb the ladder to get up to a buying position faster. Fashion Merchandising is best. You usually have to start at the bottom. There are different ways of doing this. Counter manager then cosmetics department manager then merchandise assistant to assistant buyer. It is really, really competitive. You should pursue your career in a major city or in the city where a department store's merchandising office is at. You need to be really mathematically inclined because you'll be handling different budgets. It seems glamorous but alot of buyers get the ax because they didn't realize all the work involved. Check out www.fitnyc.edu and click on PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS, ACADEMIC MAJORS, COSMETICS %26amp; FRAGRANCE MARKETING or FASHION MERCHANDISING MANAGEMENT.How do I become a cosmetics buyer?
tentative

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles